The BSI defines Business Continuity as “having a plan to deal with major disruption, like cyber-attacks, floods, and supply chain failures”.
An effective Business Continuity Plan will analyse all potential risk areas and convert these into informed decisions for mitigation at a specific level and appropriate cost.
- Your clients will have peace of mind you are able to survive an incident
- Stakeholders are satisfied their data for example is safe
- Full alignment with your business strategy so its seamless
- Investment proportionate to the asset value at risk you don’t have to spend a small fortune to ensure you are more resilient than your competitors
- Full internal responsibility everyone one know exactly what they have to do
- Formalises existing policies and procedures (those which are robust and proven) which can improve productivity
- Enhanced reputation and improves business status
Why does it matter?
- Increasingly your clients are asking for proof that you have appropriate measures in place
- Insurance companies are no longer satisfied with a thrown together “tick box” plan (particularly for Cyber Insurance)
- By undertaking a Business Continuity planning process opportunities to improve will present themselves
- A more comprehensive Risk Assessment approach not just for Systems but for people, buildings and the external environment etc. will ensure your business is protected against many threats
- You could get left behind when being selected as an approved supplier
Where do I start?
The good news is you can get on the road to protecting your organisation right now Twin Systems offer a free initial 1hr consultation by an accredited Business Continuity Institute consultant looking at any one of the following areas of risk.
- IT/IS Systems
- External Environment
- Risk Register
- ISO 22301 compliance
- Third Party Providers how prepared are they?
You are guaranteed to come away with 1 or 2 great ideas to enhance the resilience of your business right now, you have nothing to lose so contact us right now.
Twin Systems showed us exactly what was possible. It has enabled us to evaluate our IT costs in detail and at a divisional level as well and has also given us a 100-per-cent accurate asset register. It is an absolutely brilliant management tool for us.